Heritage Festival - 2017 Program
Tea Room, General Store, Exhibits, Quilting,
Speakers, Group House Tours
Souvenirs, "Best of the Region" products, home baking
preserves, local crafts, collectibles, books, memorabilia,antiques, etc.
Heritage Tea Room
Tea, scones, heritage cream, homemade jellies, & jam
$5 per Person
Information: Tel: 613-676-2228
ADMISSION: $3 - Members and Children* Free
(*12 and under when accompanied by an adult)
House open - 11:00 to 4:00 pm
RAIN OR SHINE! PICNIC TABLES!
BECOME A MEMBER!
Friends of the Macdonell-Williamson House welcome
new members. Benefits include free admission
to all events at the House, a semi-annual
newsletter and a vote at General Meetings.
To join,download a membership form from the link at left or call us at 613-676-2228.
Tours of the Macdonell-Williamson House
are available throughout the summer upon
request for groups of 10 or more.
The cost of $10 per person includes a guided tour and complete English tea.
To reserve, call 613-676-2228
THANKS TO ALL THE VOLUNTEERS!
25 Rue des Outaouais, Chute a Blondeau, Ontario
To get to the House, take Highway 417 East or
40 West and then take Exit #1 for Pointe-Fortune.
Follow the road signs!
Heritage Festival Weekends - 2017 Schedule of Events
HOUSE OPEN - 11:00 TO 4:00 PM
Thanks to all our visitors for another great summer!
Join us again in 2017 as we celebrate the
200th Anniversary of Macdonell-Williamson House
200th Anniversary Descendants Reunion
Please join us…
Celebrating 200 years
MAISON MACDONELL-WILLIAMSON HOUSE
Welcoming all descendants, members, and friends to
join in a grand and memorable reunion.
August 19th and 20th, 2017
Flag raising at 2.00 pm – Aug. 19th - with dignitaries
Tours of the house
Tea & scones in tearoom
Saturday night buffet at La Cite Golf Club
RSVP by August 1st, 2017
(450) 451-4857 or email@example.com
HISTORY OF THE
This magnificent residence was built in 1817 on the Ottawa River by John
Macdonell (fur trader, partner in the North West Company, District Court
Judge, entrepreneur) for his Métis wife, Magdeleine Poitras and their 12 children.
In 1882, William Williamson and his wife, Mary Ellen Everett, acquired the
house. The Williamsons made several changes to the House and their
descendants preserved the property until it was expropriated for the
Québec Hydro project at Carillon in 1961
The Ontario Heritage Trust has owned this National Historic Site since 1978.
Friends of the Macdonell-Williamson House Inc. was appointed custodian in 1997.
To get to the House, take Highway 417 East or 40 West.
Then take Exit #1 for Pointe Fortune.
Follow the road signs.