The History of the Macdonell-Williamson House
Macdonell was a fur trader and partner in the Northwest Company. He married Magdeleine
Poitras, a Métis from Qu'Appelle, (Saskatchewan). They had twelve children.
Upon Macdonell's death in 1850, the house was passed on to their youngest son, John
Beverly Palafox Macdonell.
The house was acquired by William Williamson in 1882 and remained within the family until the early sixties. Structural changes were made during the Williamson era.